Experience a Tanzania Family SafariJuly 21, 2021
Experience a Tanzania Luxury SafariJuly 21, 2021
It is arguable that a Tanzania honeymoon safari is right up there with being one of the most unique honeymoon experiences in the world. It certainly is one of, if not the, most romantic and adventurous ways to kick off the dawn of a new marriage.
With luxury lodges and camps for you and your partner to unwind and relax in after an adventurous day on a safari, you can trust that Tailormade Africa will arrange the perfect, bespoke honeymoon getaway.
We really can’t praise Tanzania enough when it comes to honeymoon safaris, especially because it has such an incredible selection of romantic activities, adventurous experiences and blissful beaches to enjoy. At Tailormade Africa, we understand that different couples will be looking for different experiences from their Tanzania honeymoon safari - which is why we cater to individual needs to create the perfect escape.
Some of the highlights to look forward to on our Tanzania Honeymoon Safaris are the luxury lodges, offering superior service and 5-star cuisine with a lot of pampering & romance. There will be plenty of adventure and relaxation blended in seamlessly.
You will have the opportunity of spotting the Big 5 and other unforgettable events such as the Great Wildebeest Migration (depending on the time of year visited). There is no better way to end off a Tanzania honeymoon safari with some beach time on the romantic tropical island of Zanzibar.
Tanzania Honeymoon Safari FAQs
Combining your Tanzania honeymoon safari with a beach stay is popular and gives couples the chance to blend adventure with relaxation. Here are some of the best honeymoon activities for you and your partner to enjoy:
- Take to the sky on a hot air balloon safari - What’s more romantic than a hot air balloon safari? This unforgettable experience will give you and your partner the most incredible views over the plains of the Serengeti.
- Laze around on sandy beaches - Tanzania has some gorgeous beaches for you and your loved one to enjoy.
- Scuba dive and go snorkeling - Pemba, Mafia and Zanzibar offer some of the most incredible marine life sites for you and your partner to explore.
- Walk through the markets and visit historical monuments in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
- Take to bikes to explore - why not hire a bike with your partner and ride through villages and banana plantations?
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro - Africa’s highest point, reaching the top of Mount Kilimanjaro is an incredible achievement...and who better to share the experience with than your partner!
You can enjoy a Tanzania honeymoon safari at any time of the year but the best time to visit will depend on what you and your partner are hoping to see and do. For example, if you would like to see the Great Migration, the best time to go is during Tanzania’s dry season (between July and October),on the other hand, if you visit the southern Serengeti between February and March you may witness the birth of baby wildebeest, zebras and gazelles as between 200,000-300,000 are birthed in just a few weeks! Get in touch with us if you’re not sure when you would like to visit Tanzania and we will be more than happy to help!
If you’re planning on spending some time in Zanzibar as part of your Tanzania honeymoon safari, you’ll be pleased to know that Zanzibar is within easy reach and you can get there by catching a 2-3 hour ferry from Dar Es Salaam. If you're not up for a sea adventure, then it's a quick connecting flight of 30 min from Dar Es Salaam. Most of our itineraries include a quick flight from Moshi to Zanzibar (1 h 45 min).
Tanzania really is the best of both worlds when it comes to honeymoons as Tanzania honeymoon safaris offer both adventure and relaxing moments on sandy beaches. Here are some of the best places to visit in Tanzania:
- Serengeti National Park - Northern Serengeti is a goldmine when it comes to seeing wildlife in their natural habitats. You and your partner can try to spot the ‘Big 5’, and, if you go on your Tanzania honeymoon safari during the dry season (July-October), you can even witness the Great Migration which sees over two million wildebeest, gazelles and zebras move together...you might even be fortunate enough to experience a mass river crossing which is an incredible sight!
- Ngorongoro Crater - The Ngorongoro Crater offers some of the most stunning views and is the largest inactive volcanic caldera in the world.
- Selous Game Reserve - The Selous Game Reserve is a quieter game reserve so is ideal for honeymooners who want a more intimate experience that allows them to really feel at one with nature!
- Lake Manyara - Lake Manyara sees thousands of flamingos flock together and it's popular for its beautiful aquatic landscapes.
- Mahale Mountains National Park - If you and your loved one want to get up close and personal with chimpanzees and enjoy hiking...the Mahale Mountains National Park is the place for your Tanzania honeymoon safari!
- Tanzania’s spice islands:
- We love Zanzibar for its rich cultural and historical heritage, colourful markets and luscious beaches
- Pemba Island is a quieter retreat, giving you and your significant other more privacy to relax and enjoy one another's company as well as excellent snorkeling and scuba diving locations
- We also think that Mafia Island is incredible as it has a relaxed atmosphere and you can even swim with whale sharks...it makes for a truly unforgettable experience!
If you’re planning a Tanzania honeymoon safari, it’s a good idea to pack the right clothes to ensure you are both comfortable during your trip. Plain, neutral coloured clothing which is relaxed and lightweight is ideal and it’s also a good idea to wear sturdy boots - especially if you’re walking!
Why Tailormade Africa?
Due to our well established, strong personal relationships with all of our ground operators, National Park Authorities and Conservation Management teams in Tanzania, we are always kept up to date on the most recent information of wildlife & conservation projects, ensuring you get to see Tanzania's wildlife like never before.
Tanzania Safari Experts
Rob & Clyde are two of the most knowledgeable experts on Tanzania safaris in the world and have travelled extensively to all Tanzania’s National Parks, camps and lodges.
Bespoke Tanzania Safaris
With Tailormade Africa, no two safari holidays itineraries are ever the same. The combination of our in-depth knowledge of the country and taking the time to get to know all of our clients' travel personalities ensures truly bespoke itineraries and a trip specifically tailored to you.
Our Top Tanzania Camps
Ubuntu Migration Camp South follows the colossal herds of wildebeest as they journey around the Serengeti. From the dramatic river crossings in the north to the fertile grasslands in the south where the wildebeest give birth ... Read more
Serian Kusini was created to make the most of the spectacular wildebeest migration. From December to May, it is perched on the edge of the short grass plains – a perfect vantage point over the vast space where the herds amass ... Read more
One authentic mobile tented camp, but in two locations, Lemala Ndutu & Lemala Mara moves north and south with the seasons to ensure guests enjoy ringside seats to the spectacle of the magnificent wildebeest migration year-round ... Read more
Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp is moved and constructed each year to follow the Great Wildebeest migration as well as other wildlife from the Ngorongoro Conservation Area to the Serengeti National Park ... Read more
Nomad Tanzania's Serengeti Safari Camp was the first of it’s kind. It was designed with a purpose in mind; to be in the best possible location to view the wildebeest migration as it covers hundreds of miles of the Serengeti National Park each year ... Read more
Fine linens, fine dining and a touch of nomadic romance are the hallmarks of the superb Olakira Migration Camp, which all but disappears into the surrounding African bush ... Read more
Experience a classic Tanzanian safari in spectacular solitude and soothing comfort at Serengeti Under Canvas - with only the canvas walls of your tent separating you from the wonder of the Serengeti ... Read more
Serian’s Serengeti is a mobile camp, which from mid-December to May, sets up on the southernmost extreme of the Serengeti’s short grass plains: prime position to spectate the wildebeest birthing season ... Read more
Book Your Tanzania Honeymoon Safari Today!
We offer bespoke Tanzania honeymoon safari holidays to travellers all over the world. Unlike most safari operators, we specialise in bespoke trips based on a combination of your desires and our team’s expertise. They’ve travelled all of Africa, and know from experience how to craft the best safari experience for you. Contact Rob or Clyde today to start planning your honeymoon adventure in Tanzania!