Welcome to Entebbe & Kampala
- Entebbe is Uganda’s only international airport and the start/end of most safaris.
- Kampala, the nearby bustling capital with churches, mosques and a dark history.
- Mbamba Swamp is one of the best places in Uganda to spot the rare shoebill stork.
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is an intriguing visit that supports a great project.
- Visit the equator marker in the middle of Lake Victoria on a sunset Cruise.
Entebbe is beginning to be seen as more than a place to begin and end a tour with a growing restaurant scene and peaceful lake-side ambiance. People spending a day here can explore the colonial botanical gardens, take a shoebill stork expedition in the papyrus or a scenic sunset cruise on the lake before embarking on safari.